Thursday, February 15, 2007

The Great Valentines Storm of 2007



Barbie dined on my flowers...








But not us...not on Valentines day...Something about severe snow makes Shawn want to go for drives...or maybe it was the lack of appetizing choices for our Valentines dinner. Whatever it is, he piled the entire family into the dodge and we went four wheeling :0) I cannot believe I didn't bring my camera. I just didn't want to be cold and was pouting. What would be open...nothing obviously. The Chinese restaurant but it was take out only and we wanted ambiance (yeah with four kids in tow!) Not even a McDonald's, which I believe is against its contractual obligation to remain open all days except Christmas. I didn't even think we would be able to turn around anywhere. Finally, we spotted a neon light...Amore's; how appropriate. We piled in and hung out as far from the bar area as possible...and there we dined on a sumptuous feast of mozzarella sticks, chicken nuggets, breaded shrimp and fries...a repast for kings! Then it was back in the sled, er, truck to slide home again. A valentines day to remember for sure....thanks, honey...you are my hero :0)
I guess the only one who really dined in style was Barbie!

No comments: