Thursday, July 21, 2011

Cranky....you can bet your fatty acids we are....

Imagine the look on the faces...my five year old has taken to telling people that she is deficient in her essential fatty asses. While I don't usually pull punches or talk baby talk to the kids, I am wondering if I may have to make an exception in this case...But the wee one is entirely correct. Most people are deficient in their fatty acids. Studies suggest almost 60% of Americans are deficient...this is particularly bad for the children. "A Purdue University study showed that kids low in Omega-3 essential fatty acids are significantly more likely to be hyperactive, have learning disorders, and to display behavioral problems.  Omega-3 deficiencies have also been tied to dyslexia,  violence, depression, memory problems, weight gain, cancer, heart disease, eczema, allergies, inflammatory diseases, arthritis, diabetes, and many other conditions." We pretty much have all of these problems, so this is one of the area's we are looking at :o) But right now I am just trying to get them to eat!! The hardest problem is that I have to cook...every day. Sometimes more than once. I am starting to feel like a Little House episode and I want to be like Laura but I have to act like Ma...and exactly how long does it take to detox from processed foods!! Behavior has not been so good. Nate spent the day trying to sleep (its the only time he comes home in the summer!!) and he complained that there was too much noise to get any rest!! Its been a bit tense...
         
the baby girls sitting around on their fatty acids before bed :o)



No comments: