Monday, April 9, 2012

Hang on, Jesus! I'm coming!!

I was sitting waiting for Mass to begin last week...we were quite a bit early. I was chatting with my 8 year old son trying to focus him quietly; there is nothing he dislikes more than being quiet and sitting for long periods of time. Collecting Palms was a distraction at first, but his beloved Palm was now sitting ignored as he looked around and gave me a non-stop commentary on other parishioners. All of a sudden in mid-sentence, he sat up straight in his seat and yelled, "Hey, why did they cover up Jesus? What are they doing...He can't breath. They are trying to kill Jesus!!" He jumped to his feet and whipped out his Palm sword and his cross shield (made by twisting the palm into a cross) He yelled, "Hang on, Jesus...I'm coming!!"
Oh, how wonderful it would be to always be prepared to help Jesus, no matter the problem. How wonderful it would be to always be ready to jump up eager to be of use to the Lord.

I keep the Lord always before me; for with him at my right hand, I will never be shaken. (Ps 16:8)


graphics by digi web studio

I have a printable download available for your child to use to be in God's army...download it here...


Such a joy to see the new Catholic's energy...Ant was nodding and looking all pleased with himself...I told him then, "Just think...by next month almost all of you will be able to to receive the body of Christ!" His response, mouth open wide..."what!" It is obvious we have much more work to do!!

While four of our children entered into the church with Baptism, Confirmation, and Eucharist during the Easter Vigil Saturday night, four more have sacraments in the coming weeks. My 10th and 11th graders make Confirmation. Our Third and Fourth graders make First Eucharist. We still have a lot of work to do this Easter. And now is a time to have strong Catholic youth. Our children really do need to be in God's Army. Our church is attacked on all sides both in the world and spiritually. The world is ready to attack the Church by not only ignoring its teachings, through practices such as abortion, but also through legislative means, like through Obama's Mandate. We also attack the foundations of the Church through things like the Clerical Abuse Scandal...both fabricated stories of abuse or real abuse perpetrated decades ago. It erodes the pride and dignity we feel in our Church. We need to learn about our faith. We need to move past the scandals. We need strong children of God to learn and fight for our church. Thank-you, God, for the 11 children you have given Shawn and me to train and teach. May they become strong soldiers for your Holy War...Amen.

(This has been posted at Catholic Icing's First Friday Linky....click here to go back to Catholic Icing)
May you all have a very Blessed Easter!!
the Murphy's

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am so glad to hear that so many new Catholics have joined us! I celebrated five years of being Catholic this Easter. I was baptised, confirmed, and recieved my First Communion five Easter's ago and have not looked back since! I am your newest follower! God Bless!