Why Home school?
- The majority of our children, 7 out of 11, are from a sibling group who were adopted out of foster care two years ago. We need to learn how to be a family and that is difficult with our current schedules.
- Many of the children were born addicted to drugs and we believe they can be helped through nutrition. In fact, last summer we implemented a whole food diet and we saw tremendous gains...we think we can do better but consistency counts. Not only does the time spent away from home hurt this, but just being in public school has hurt. The children want what they see their friends eat...and its always "just one special treat."
- The children have all missed early stimulation and some basic skills. Our public school has been amazing in trying to close the gaps, but it is just too hard.
Why not Home school?
- There are a lot of them and one of me. If I disappear after June and don't return, would someone please call for help!
- I really don't know anything about teaching. I am an avid reader and I can read about how to do it, but I really don't know what to do!!
- Um, there are a lot of them...
And then there is the aspect of printables. I have become obsessed with making printables for subjects. I always try to have something on hand if we an event coming up or to help with homework. So I was reading one of my new favorite teacher blogs (I really love almost all of them! They are so fun!) They are having classes online and while I think it is in regards to making and marketing printables, they are sharing teaching ideas? Could this help. It is infinitely affordable and I would be learning some skills? Any thoughts? Better ideas? Just trust God to help me do this...
Any teachers out there want to chime in.